3. Data collection
We collect certain information from your device and usage, including:
- We automatically collect usage details each time you use Tails, including the country of origin, the type of device you use, etc… However, this data is not linked to your identify.
- Your colony is stored locally on your device as well as your iCloud for backup purposes. No colony data is ever retained or uploaded to our servers.
- While we access the calendar events on your device when you grant us explicit permission, this information is stored locally on your device or iCloud and is not retained nor uploaded to our servers.
- While we access the camera roll and files directory on your device when you grant us explicit permission, this information is stored locally on your device or iCloud and is not retained nor uploaded to our servers.
4. How this data is used
We may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
- Measure usage of Tails, including usage of specific features and views.
- Develop and improve Tails based on your feedback and interactions.
- Guide product development and build new features.
- Identify and correct bugs and other problems with Tails.
5. Disclosure to third parties
We do not disclose information to third parties.
6. Third party software/service
While using Tails, we may be using third party software and/or service in order to collect and/or process information. These third party services include the usage of Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) from the following companies and for the following purposes:
- Google Analytics SDK, which is used for product analysis.
- Firebase Crashlytics SDK, which is used for crashes and issues analysis.